Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Friday Night Lights the tv series

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I've got a feeling it'll be a successful show. It's just like every other generation, there is that one show that hits a high schoolers life, and this show seems to touch base with the high school football, who many will relate too. From what I saw, I really enjoyed the show, I think it'll be a good one.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights starts tonight

    who all is going to be watching?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights starts tonight

    I'm watching right now, but I'm not sure I like it.
    It seems to be an extreme version of the movie.

    It's 8:20 and there have been more sexual references than I care to see at this hour on NBC, with some adults even speaking inappropriately to high schoolers (have you ever blitzed an older woman?). Drunk teenagers...
    Kinda knocks it out of "family viewing" status.

    The idolizing of the ball players is a bit much.

    Maybe it'll tone down after this episode. I may watch again to see where it goes.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights starts tonight

    I thought it was really good
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights starts tonight

    When it got to the game it was interesting. Surely the plot will vary somewhat though in future episodes.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights starts tonight

    when it comes to football Texas is pretty extreme
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights starts tonight

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm watching right now, but I'm not sure I like it.
    It seems to be an extreme version of the movie.

    It's 8:20 and there have been more sexual references than I care to see at this hour on NBC, with some adults even speaking inappropriately to high schoolers (have you ever blitzed an older woman?). Drunk teenagers...
    Kinda knocks it out of "family viewing" status.

    The idolizing of the ball players is a bit much.

    Maybe it'll tone down after this episode. I may watch again to see where it goes.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I thought the same thing. And while I'm watching it, I'm wondering "How many HS football players are watching this?"

    Too much for primetime, that's for sure, especially the alcohol use and sexual inuendo.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_KellyHoops41's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2004
    Posts
    228
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    Yeah..the show is a bit...hmmm.."extreme" with all the sexual references and vulgarity..but..I find myself counting down to every episode..It's a pretty addicting show like Two-A-Days. Gotta LOVE high school Football!
    [img]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b298/Scooby31/pat_riley6-1.jpg[/img]
    "Discipline is not a nasty word." -Pat Riley

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I thought I would like the show but it lost my interest pretty quick.

    For me, it just wasn't very realistic for a story about high-school football. The production was too overdone. The stadium and games looked more like a college setting than high school.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Friday Night Lights the tv series

    I didn't get to watch the show last night.But I heard on the radio it was coming back on tonight.So I think I may be able to watch it tonight.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •